During these uncertain times, please be vigilant that the information you receive about COVID-19 is accurate and well-sourced. We have collected the following comprehensive list of information and resources that are currently available to the public. If you are aware of any additional resources that are not included on this page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CENSUS 2020 INFORMATION
- To complete your 2020 Census form online please visit My2020Census.gov . If you prefer to do it by phone call (844)330-2020.
- If you have questions about how to complete your form, this video will guide you through https://youtu.be/vCM0XrSynFw
NEWS & UPDATES
- Contra Costa County Health Services provides local updates regularly at https://cchealth.org
- Information on Health Care access, safety net and legal resources for undocumented immigrants in Contra Costa County https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org/for-the-community
- California Government corona virus response https://covid19.ca.gov/
- California Department of Public Health also provides regular updates at the state level at https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/New-Release-2020.aspx
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services provides daily updates on the virus, including statistics at https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/coronavirus/index.html
- Para obtener información en español, visite nuestra página del https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/DIRECTRICES-DEL-PRESIDENTE-SOBRE-EL-CORONAVIRUS.pdf
- Center for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/
- World Health Organization https://www.who.int/
RESOURCES REGARDING UNEMPLOYMENT AND DISABILITY INSURANCE
- For information about receiving paid sick leave and benefits from the state, please visit https://www.labor.ca.gov/coronavirus2019/#chart
- If you are an employer or small business owner seeking information about payroll loans, visit https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- For information about the Federal Small Business Admin Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program should visit http://www.sba.gov/page/guidance-businesses-employers-plan-respond-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
- Individuals wishing to apply for state unemployment insurance, or to file for disability insurance if you have been diagnosed with the virus or are a caretaker for someone who has been diagnosed should visit https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019.htm
- Small Business Association. Disaster Loan Assistance up to 10,000.00 https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
- Small Business Majority. Resources for California small business and information about upcoming events and recommendations https://smallbusinessmajority.org/resources/covid-19-california-resources
- Quickbooks. The small business Relief Initiative https://quickbooks.intuit.com/smallbusinesshelp/?cid=DR_em_46549_001_Logo1_US_QBO
- Governor’s office. CA. Gov. Financial and Technical Assistance for small business https://business.ca.gov/coronavirus-2019/
FREE FAMILY ACTIVITIES
- Activity Hero. Free online classes and activities. Join classes all over the United States or look for online local classes https://www.activityhero.com/activities/free-online-classes
- My Blueprint. Free online classes till 4/16 https://www.mybluprint.com/?SSAID=672195&sscid=31k4_mxyif&sasClickId=31k4_mxyif&cr_linkid=ShareASale_Banner_ShareASale&cr_maid=46579&cr_source=ShareASale&cr_medium=ShareASale
- MSN. Famous Museums virtual tours Links https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/travel-trivia/stuck-at-home-these-12-famous-museums-offer-virtual-tours-you-can-take-on-your-couch-video/ar-BB119nm6?li=BBnbfcL&fbclid=IwAR0_OBJH7lSyTN3ug_MsOeFnNgB1orTa9OBgilKJ7dhnwlVvHEsptuKkj1c
WELL-BEING AND COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Those experiencing anxiety and stress can find mental health resources at https://www.nami.org/getattachment/About-NAMI/NAMI-News/2020/NAMI-Updates-on-the-Coronavirus/COVID-19-Updated-Guide-1.pdf
- Managing Mental Health during COVID-19. Tips and resources, we don’t endorse purchase of services. https://onlinecounselingprograms.com/blog/mental-health-covid-19/
- For food and nutrition resources, visit the Food bank of Contra Costa & Solano at https://www.foodbankccs.org/ The county food bank also has special programs for children and seniors. They are also accepting donations, with more information available on their website.
- For more information and updates about Oakley schools, including free food resources for students, visit www.ouesd.k12.ca.us
- WIC. Provides healthy foods and support services for families in East Contra Costa County. https://cchealth.org/wic/
- Contra Costa Crisis Center (United Way) Food assistance, mental health, Family support, financial services and more https://cccc.myresourcedirectory.com/
- The income tax deadline has been extended from April 15th to July 15th, for more information, visit www.irs.gov
- The California Department of Motor Vehicles has announced a 60-day grace period for transactions that have a deadline of March 16th or later and require an office visit including renewal of license for drivers 70 and older and renewal of a registration expired for more than 90 days. Visit www.dmv.ca.gov for more information.
- Finally, a lot of us want to reach out and help during this trying time and that’s a wonderful instinct. Visit https://californiavolunteers.ca.gov/get-involved/covid-19/ to search for volunteer opportunities in the area.